Friday, October 21, 2005

 

I am going to throw a party.

I realized this evening while watching a detective show that when a person wants to make a stir about their announced project, they have a party. They invite friends, and also people who are not friends, and they serve cold wine and wonderful cheese. At this party the writer (I am ashamed to say that in this case that is me) will take questions and try to interest the community in his work, casually. Often, powerful men will ask him why he wrote the book, and wait for an answer.

I am going to host a party of this kind. It only makes sense, as I have a project that should debut to the public. I will throw the party on Halloween, which is an ideal day, as folks have already asked for that time off work.


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?